In addition to creating hundreds of WordPress tutorial videos, I’ve also produced custom training videos for notable clients like GoDaddy, WooCommerce, and others. Need a custom tutorial video for your WordPress product or service? Let’s chat!
What makes my videos different? Read, “How to Create Screencasts People Will Actually Want to Watch!”
Here are some custom videos I’ve recently created…
The process begins with a conversation about your goals for the video. Do you need a full-blown tutorial video, or a brief promo video for your homepage that just highlights the features of your plugin or product? Once we’re clear on the nature of the project and your goals, we’ll move on to the production process:
- Create a Local Demo Environment — I always work from a local installation to ensure there are no “spinning beach balls” while recording, due to Internet traffic or server hiccups.
- Scriptwriting — The script is the most critical and time-consuming part of the project. We’ll work together to create a detailed, word-for-word script that describes precisely what is happening onscreen at every moment.
- Voiceover — Next, I’ll record, mix, and master a professional-quality voiceover in my studio.
- Screen Recording — Then, I’ll record the onscreen actions to match the narration in both timing and content. I use Chrome’s Full Screen Mode at 2560×1440 pixels for screen recordings.
- Intro/Outro — If needed, I can create a simple, animated introduction with your logo or other required text.
- Music — If you haven’t already done so, I can help you find and license background music that will perfectly set the tone and maximum the impact of your video.
- Editing and Export — With all the pieces in place, I’ll edit the final video and furnish you a high-resolution video file in H.264 MP4 format at 1280×720 pixels, the standard for HD web video.
How much does it cost?
Once we’ve had a chance to talk about your project, I’ll create a price quote estimate for your video. But here are some ‘ballpark’ prices:
Screencast tutorial videos typically cost $295 per finished minute, though there are a number of ways to reduce costs (see below).
Custom promo or intro videos like the examples above typically cost $495 per finished minute of video, due to the added complexity and tighter time constraints.
Time and Money Saving Tips
- Create a script for your video. This is by far the most time-consuming part of the process. The more detailed script you can provide, the less time we’ll spend going back and forth with revisions.
- Provide a fully-functional demo environment. For the best final result, I usually work from a local demo environment. But it takes time to create a completely functional sample site to showcase your product. If possible, provide a fully-functional demo site and you’ll save time and money.
- Find and license appropriate royalty-free music. If you don’t require a custom score for your video, find and purchase royalty-free background music that matches the tone of your video and your brand. I’m more than happy to do this for you, but it does take time to find just the right piece of music. I highly recommend Soundstripe or PremiumBeat.
- Furnish a high-resolution version of your logo or better yet, an animated pre-roll. If you don’t have one, I can create a simple intro/outro using a high-resolution version of your logo, preferably in vector format or at least a large PNG file with a transparent background.
Just Need a Voiceover?
Maybe you’re capable of creating a compelling video on your own, but just need a professional voiceover. I’m happy to help! Simple voiceovers for a 3-5 minute project like this one cost just $120 per finished minute:
Custom Podcast Intros
Need a more professional touch to distinguish your podcast from the rest? I can create a podcast intro for you like one of these:
Simple podcast intros like this cost $395, and you’ll receive several variations from which to choose. If you haven’t already purchased a piece of background music for use in your intro, I can also find and suggest royalty-free music for your project.